You're not tired, you're just inflamed
Feeling tired and sore all the time can be a frustrating and debilitating experience. It can make it difficult to get through the day, let alone focus on the things that matter most, like your loved ones and your family. But what if I were to tell you that the root cause of your fatigue and pain might not be lack of sleep or overexertion, but instead a significant amount of inflammation in the body?
Inflammation is a natural response to injury or infection, but when it becomes chronic, it can have a wide range of negative effects on the body. Chronic inflammation has been linked to a variety of health conditions, including fatigue, brain fog, and pain.
One of the key ways to reduce and reverse inflammation in the body is by supplementing with a quality Omega-3 supplement that contains at least 2500mg of combined EPA and DHA. These two omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are both found in fish oil and Algae based supplements. They work by competing with Omega-6 fatty acids for the same enzymes that produce eicosanoids, shifting the balance towards the production of anti-inflammatory eicosanoids. This can help to reduce chronic inflammation in the body and improve overall health.
Research has shown that supplementing with EPA and DHA can be especially beneficial for people with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, where reducing inflammation is key in reducing the pain and stiffness caused by this condition.
In addition to supplementing with EPA and DHA, there are other strategies that can help to reduce inflammation in the body, such as:
- Eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein
- Limiting your intake of processed foods and refined sugars
- Engaging in regular physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight
So, if you've been feeling tired and sore for no apparent reason, it may be worth considering the possibility that chronic inflammation is the root cause. By supplementing with a quality Omega-3 supplement, such as those that contains at least 2500mg of combined EPA and DHA, you may be able to reduce and even reverse inflammation in the body, and start feeling more energy, mental clarity, and less pain.
- Simopoulos AP. The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. Biomed Pharmacother. 2002 Oct;56(8):365-79. doi: 10.1016/S0753-3322(02)00253-6. PMID: 12442909.
- James MJ, Gibson RA, Cleland LG. Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids and inflammatory mediator production. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Sep;72(3 Suppl):455S-463S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/72.3.455s. PMID: 10954910.
- Geusens P, Wouters C, Nijs J, Jiang Y, Dequeker J. Long-term effect of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in active rheumatoid arthritis. A 12-month, double-blind, controlled study. Arthritis Rheum. 1994 Oct;37(10):1517-22. doi: 10.1002/art.